Wednesday 27 August 2008

Ultra Beatdown

Currently I am listening to a liberated (read: pirated) copy of DragonForce's new Album, 'Ultra Beatdown' and I'm someone saddened.

This album, while up to par on guitar-shredding-awesomeness, lacks the all-out, epic, adrenaline gushing lyrics found in their previous album, Inhuman Rampage.
For the most part the songs have switched from war and battle (as found in 'Revolution Deathsquad' and 'Operation Ground and Pound') lyrics to more base fantasy lyrics as were found in 'Fields of Despair' and 'Heart of a Dragon' from their older albums.

Personally, I was hoping for something like 'Body Breakdown' as far as lighter lyrics go, but still it is not all bad. Many of the songs still contain lyrics that inspire me greatly (especially the use of 'Star Chaser' in 'Heroes of our Time')

That is not to say that 'Sonic Firestorm' and 'Valley of the Damned' ('Soldiers of the Wasteland' remains one of my favorite songs ever) But I was hoping for more of their progressive style.

I'm listening to it again, however, for I often miss the awesome in songs the first time I listen to them (I didn't like 'Body Breakdown' after the first time I heard it)

I'm hoping for them to show up on Guitar Hero IV

No comments: