Sunday 19 October 2008

Sonnet

I had to write a sonnet for English class, and I actually enjoyed doing so. I'm not particularly pleased with the outcome, but I may write more in the future.

As I do Gaze Upon the Princess Fair

As I do gaze upon the Princess fair,
I am overwhelmed by her great beauty,
I think I might could have her, if I dare.
I wonder if she could ever love me.
But I question if I should take the risk,
If the end does not justify the means,
Will I be praised or will at me the tisk
And is there more to her than first it seems?
If I fight for her, will I end this way?
A noble knight lying dead in the streets.
Will I be remembered beyond my day,
Or will no one sing of my many feats?
But should I fight to save her in this mode,
Or like the other Knights take a different road?

Also, I'm hoping to write 100 haiku in a single day sometime soon. Wish me luck!

No comments: