Wednesday 14 July 2010

Off-Topic

I realised today that since I am now cross-posting my blog to my deviantART journal that A) My journal updates will be much more frequent than the average person's, and B) A lot of what I write will be extremely off-topic for a deviantART journal. Like this:

As mentioned previously, I've been out of town for almost two weeks now. Last week I was at my Grandparents' house in Tennessee, spending my nights in their furnished basement. I'm a very nostalgic person (strange for someone so young, eh?) and one of my favourite memories is two years ago, at my Grandparents' house in the Summer, when I watched all 50 (or is it 52?) episodes of Gundam Seed in one week. Something about that time in my life just gives me this weird, unexplainable feeling. Thinking back, it seems like in that period of my life, it was as if when I was in that basement nothing else existed outside of its walls and time stretched out into the infinite so that I could lay, and think and write and watch all that I needed. (that last sentence sounds strange because I combined two sentences to make it and am too lazy to fix it)
That entire story was to set up this much shorter one: Because I am always wishing to re-live that time, I stay up late while in Tennessee. Normally, I re-adjust my schedule quickly upon returning home. Since this time I did not go straight home, I'm having trouble re-adjusting. So I'm still staying up late (just to 2:00 at latest, not 3:00-4:00) and waking up early (7:00-8:00) to eat breakfast with everyone. This results in me being very tired.

I'm tearing through The Forest of Hands and Teeth (fun fact: when I copy and past this into deviantART, the tags that make that title Italics will not show up when it is published and won't do anything) I'm like, 60% done with it. I find it enthralling and I'm not sure why. It starts out interesting, then gets dull, then gets interesting, and then gets dull/romantic. Holy cow, is this how teen girls really think? I feel a bit like Piro reading Bishojo to figure out how girls think (shout out to :devfredrin: and his wonderful webcomic, Megatokyo) anyway, Mary (the main character) is very dramatic and gets on my nerves occasionally, but it's very exciting, even if she does make me want to smack her and tell her to pull herself together. Gosh.

I had something else to say, but I've completely forgotten it now.

I forgot to grab a fresh razor when I stopped by the house on my way here so my razor is crazy dull.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So if I follow you on DA and blogger, then one is virtually pointless? o3o