Tuesday 8 September 2009

Ultra Beatdown Recant

With this entry I would like to recant my previous criticism of DragonForce's "Ultra Beatdown" Album. I was hasty in my judgement and have discovered that I am not good at liking music on my first time listening. Upon further consideration and re-listening to parts of it I have grown to like it.
It is indeed a slightly different style and it lacks "meh" tracks (not bad tracks, they just don't have the same quantities of mind-blowing awesomeness, though they are still very good - "Storming of the Burning Fields", "Revolution DeathSquad" et cetera...) Most (if not all) of its songs fit into the "Epic War" category and as I listen to it now I find its songs much easier to understand than previously and its rhymes and rhythms fit much better than I previously thought.
I also just watched a bunch of videos on DragonForce's Youtube channel. Their stage-antics are absolutely hilarious. Also, I noticed that they took down the "Through the Fire and the Flames" music video (likely because it was laughable at best) and I was pleasantly surprised by "Heroes of our Time"'s video. I noticed that rather than cutting the solos for time, they cut the song down to just a bit of the intro, the first verse, chorus and then left in all (or most) of the solos and "epic verse" at the end. Also the bright setting was interesting.

I bet you were expecting something special for post 100, eh?

3 comments:

Lane the Great said...

hey who is this?

Lane the Great said...

hey who is this

Vespero said...

This is Zach Whitworth. This is my personal blog, my senior project can be found through my profile page.