Sunday 12 April 2009

A Continuation of Crow's Origins

Let's see, where was I? Right, the Alchemist. I looked back and it seems that I never named him, but that didn't stop me from fleshing out his story quite a bit. The idea was that he had received the Philosopher's Stone from his estranged father (once again, I was reading FMA at the time), and then later during some Alchemical accident had been fused with a fox. He thus had fox ears and I think a tail. I may have scrapped this idea though, as I remember a later version in which the accident had removed his Conscience. His conscience then followed him around as some sort of spirit, who advised him in his actions. This gave me a good excuse to do a Chaotic Neutral character as well as add a good deal of comedy from their interactions.
Anyway, the Alchemist at some point finds his way to the city where alchemy was banned and sneaks in. While there he befriends a girl (love interest) and his secret identity as an alchemist is revealed after fighting off an another alchemist who attempted to gain entry into the city (possibly involving a hostage situation?) To avoid punishment for his trespassing in the city, he offers to protect it from other treasure hunters.
The Philosopher's Stone is (in my stories) an item made (by God) from the four elements to govern them and it was then hidden in a town in the south. All of this carries on into Uruz' story. It's manifested as a 3'' diameter red pearl that reacts to alchemical commands. It can be made to pass through solid objects or change from its original state into other materials and shapes. It is very dense and can be made into very large forms. It amplifies Alchemical power and breaks down the 'divide' (something I'm fleshing out, It's the divide between what the mind tells the body to do and what it does. This affects precision in alchemy) but the Philosopher's Stone is wildly powerful and difficult to control. Crow was given by God (in chapter II) the ability to command it. His primary weapon now (other than his fists) is a replica of a famous Glaive that was used by a hero.

This is pretty fun. I think I'll discuss Crow's current incarnation and then maybe move on to the other Five.

No comments: