Monday 27 April 2009

On Oz

Ozticulus Hal is the Magician of The Seven. He sometimes comes across as being vain or cold, but really he is just very focused on the goal at hand.
I will begin by explaining his name, as it is one of the stranger ones that I have come up with. His name (Ozticulus Hal) was what came to mind when trying to add on to the name 'Oz Hal'. Originally, his name was simply Oz (a nod to Baum's 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz', but as I expanded his personality I decided that a more complex name would match him better. His last name comes for Wizard Howl from Jones' 'Howl's Moving Castle'. Whenever I ever try to tell someone about it, they always mistake 'Howl' as 'Hal'; maybe I should work on my 'ow' pronunciation. When I tried to combine 'Oz' and 'Hal' I found it necessary to add on to the first name or give him a middle name to add syllables and rythm, And so 'Oz' became 'Ozticulus' (it was the first thing that came to mind)
Oz is the youngest of The Seven (14) and is half Human half Elegor (a vampiric race which will be explained later) He is overwhelmingly skilled in magic and at a young age managed to reverse and seal a curse that affects all Elegor (black markings on their skin that burn in sunlight), though his method only worked because he was half-blooded.
Because of his age he does his work (as a freelance magician) in a false body that he created. This body appears quite a bit older and with a different build and colouration. He spends most of his time in this body (he cannot remain in it indefinitely, however)

Tomorrow I'll further explain his many origins and all that stuff

No comments: